Logo

2004 5.0l MPI alarm sounds/fuel pump cutting out

Dperez

Hi everyone,

I am desperate for an answer to the issue that I have been having. I haven't been able to find an answer, but I apologize if this has been discussed in the past.

The issue is this:
Turn key one click and what 30 seconds for fuel pump to start priming. When the fuel pump turns on an alarm turns on with it. The alarm and the fuel pump stay on for 30-60 seconds then the alarm and fuel pump cut out for a second then they turn back on simultaneously. I then start the engine, it runs until the alarm shuts off. So the same symptoms that happen while just the key is turned on occur while the engine is running...

I have replaced the following:
-fuel pump
-oil pressure switch
-both relays that are by the ecu
-all fuses in engine bay and under the dash
-Gear lube has been changed and is at proper level

I have not been able to run the boat so high temp or oil pressure should not be cause to the alarm. The engine has 59 original hours on it... :(

Please note I can read oil pressure when a mechanical gauge is hooked up to engine also can see pressure on gauge in the dash when the engine runs until the alarm and fuel pump cut out for a second as the engine dies... I have run out of ideas and any will be greatly appreciated.

Devan

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I am desperate for an answer to the issue that I have been having. I haven't been able to find an answer, but I apologize if this has been discussed in the past.

The issue is this:
Turn key one click and what 30 seconds for fuel pump to start priming. When the fuel pump turns on an alarm turns on with it. The alarm and the fuel pump stay on for 30-60 seconds then the alarm and fuel pump cut out for a second then they turn back on simultaneously. I then start the engine, it runs until the alarm shuts off. So the same symptoms that happen while just the key is turned on occur while the engine is running...

I have replaced the following:
-fuel pump
-oil pressure switch
-both relays that are by the ecu
-all fuses in engine bay and under the dash
-Gear lube has been changed and is at proper level

I have not been able to run the boat so high temp or oil pressure should not be cause to the alarm. The engine has 59 original hours on it... :(

Please note I can read oil pressure when a mechanical gauge is hooked up to engine also can see pressure on gauge in the dash when the engine runs until the alarm and fuel pump cut out for a second as the engine dies... I have run out of ideas and any will be greatly appreciated.

Devan

Hi Dperez, did you ever end up working this one out, I have the exact same symptoms and it's driving me crazy! Thanks Chris

Back