Logo

1978 mercruiser 260. replaced trim hoses and now trim wont go down.

ldillm

Merc stern drive. double hose trim. Like an idiot I had a friend (who says he is familiar with boats) remove them for me while I bought new ones. ole fiend took the hoses off with the trim in the full up position. I installed the new hoses and tried to bleed system as best as I could. Motor runs great. fluid is full. trim will go up but not down. If pressed manually, it will go down an inch or two. Also I am not sure if hoses are installed correctly. if you look at the hose connections under the gimbal on the port side, I see them as left and right. (up and down). now looking down on the trim cylinder from the port side, I see two hose connections. One on the outside of the cylinder (closest to me) and one on the inside (closest to the stern drive). I have the left hose going to the outside port and the right side hose connected to the inside port on the trim cylinder. Is this correct? Searching manuals this is hard to picture with most being black and white. Advise like "install them the same as the old ones" is not very helpful, since I was not the one that removed them. Hopefully I am correct and just need bleed the cylinders. Thanks

Bt Doctur you remind me of the first time I went to a chiropractor. after a adjustment, I thought he was god. I have spent literally hours and hours looking for this and other information. I don't know where you got this from but it is the best documentation, clear, layman's term understandable. A two year old could!! read this and do the job! Thank you so much! I stand in awe in the shadow of your magnificence.! Clear easy to read....Wonderfull! I cant thank you enough!!!

Back