Logo

1997 evinrude 35 hp

newfonfire

Hi. I recently purchased a1997 Evinrude 35 HP outboard and the direct oil injection was disconnected. The guy was running 50:1 but wasn't sure if he could run 100:1. I've been running 50:1 and there is a lot of blue smoke when I idle (I do a lot of trolling). I was wondering if anyone could tell me if 100:1 would be ok to run. Thank you

50to1 is proper mixture.previous owner was over oiling system. 100to1 will not provide proper lubrication. As long as plugs dont foul it should clear itself up in time.

was it synthetic or standard oil? I absolutely agree 50:1 is ideal on regular outboard oil, but 75:1 shouldn't be a problem with synthetic. I would't say this about engines from the 80's or back, unless they are Yamaha asking for 100:1.

Mixing at 100:1 would be a mistake.---------Thermostat installed and working properly ?-------At constant trolling you might go with a little leaner.----------Myself I would not risk that on one of those fine motors.-----Checked the price of internal parts and availability lately ?

Back