Logo

25 hp Yamaha 2 stroke 2004

rethax

I need some help. Me and a buddy of mine have been trying to get my water pump to pump water through the motor. Here is the issue. The motor was pumping water, but I ran it without water, it got too hot, melted the water pump impeller in the foot and shot the remnants through the motor, and now it won't pee. We have taken the motor apart as far as we can without taking the entire head of the motor off, blown air all through it and it still wont pee. Any and all help is appreciated

pressurized water through head and block with stats removed? maybe pressure washer??chemical solution that eats rubber??not sure what proper procedure is!experts chime in please.

You might be in luck. I just found out something that I never new. I had a Rectifier/regular go bad. Did you know they were water cooled. How ? Well the water that pees out the engine goes to the base of the regular before it spills overboard. It' s a in/out thing. The chamber where the water goes is just about 3/8 thick by 2x3 in. I bet it's clogged up . You could also back flush blowing water into the pee hole but with all the stuff you got to might want to remove the regular. good luck

Well, you've learned to never run an engine without the impeller submerged in water or the engine hooked up to a set of earmuffs and a hose. When it comes to "pee-hole" issues.. Nothing beats running the engine with a set of muffs on it or sunk in a trash can and then feeding some common "weed-wacker" nylon trimming line up through that pee-hole to clear clogs. Works far better and goes much further than wire, pins, paperclips, and whatever else people think about shoving up that little pee-hole.

Back