Logo

Warning lights on 2 key panel inoperative

sea bee

Before I dig into to my problem, I thought I would see if someone can point me in the right direction. I have a pair of 2003 BF 225 A's on my 2004 Edgewater. Just realized none of my warning lights (all 8) on the 2 key alarm panel are not lighting. Bought the boat last August and because of location of the switch panel and I was getting the reassuring 2 chirps when turning the key to the on position, never noticed if they were ever working. Recently had the alarm go off steady and the starboard engine tach dropped to 1800 RPM's, pulled both throttle levers to idle and alarm stopped, waited a minute or so and resumed speed with no further problem so I know that portion of the system is working. Can't check my fault codes since lights are not working. I know I can take it to my dealer and he can pull up the codes, but I still need to fix this. Thanks.

Did some checking and found that I am getting 12V for the required 2 seconds through the harness at the hot side of the connector. When I hooked the other side of the connector direct from the battery to the alarm light, it stilled failed to illuminate. As unlikely as it seems, it would appear all the bulbs are burned out, I guess after 12 years of service, that could happen, plus the light panel is in such a place it would be possible to have them go out 1 by 1 and not notice.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THESE BULBS ARE AVAILABLE?? My Honda guy said it is not a factory item, but to try a radio type electronic store.

I have the separate panel with the alternator and check engine lights and the bulbs had blown. I found out that they are T6.5 bulbs but found it difficult to track down replacements so I got LED versions instead off ebay (UK site). I had to open the bulb holder a bit to fit the LED in but it seems to work. I'm considering hard wiring the LEDs in to get rid of the bulb holder to make it more secure.

Metal Chicken, Thanks for giving me a fall back position, but I think I'm going to get get something a little closer to what I have. Been trying to post a picture without success, but basically it's a sealed 3/16" diameter "bulb" with about two 10" wires attached

All is well!! Found "RED LED ASSEMBLY" part #276-0011 for $2.99 each at Radio Shack. Only bought one to be sure it would work and it was perfect. Cut off the old "bulb" and butt connected the new wires to the old, used a little marine shrink wrap and snapped it into the old hole with no modification necessary. Looks like I almost knew what I was doing.

Back