Logo

No top end.

Last update. Stator made a huge differance. I also repalced all new fuel line from tank to motor. First run was 5400 rpm wot and 50 mph but could not trim to high without the prop blowing out and rpms would go as high as 6100. So I changed my porp that was a 23p balistic 3 blade to a 25p shooter 4 blade. Huge differance. Now i get 5500rpms wot and 57 mph and the boat comes out of the water quick and boat lifts nice off the water. Now everyone needs to understand that this is a 21' fish and sky boat with wind sleilds and fully equiped for fishing. This boat is extra wide and very heavy with an 225 Evenrude. Very satified with my results. Thanks to all that gave me things to try and do to fix my problems. Motor runs extreamly smooth and strong. And a great thanks to daselbee. Thanks Dough.

Brian....please do one more thing. You told me that you did the spark test, and it looked weak and thin.
You also told me that you could not hear it snap.
Please re-do the spark test and see if now it is sharp, bright, and you can hear the snap.

Just want to know. Post back.

Checked spark gap at 7/16 noticed a much darker blue arc and I could actualy hear the snap even with the noise of the starter turning over. I also looked at every spark plug and they looked way better than ever before. A nice brown tip and plugs had no extra unburnt fuel on them like they did before. Plugs were always wet when I would look at them before.
Going fishing tommarow so hope I can just spend a nice day fishing insted of work on motor. When I tested last I ran wot for about 7 miles straight and ran perfect at the end.
Thanks eveyone for the info on fixing my problem.
NEW Stator was $286 at Iboats
New Power Pack $222 at marineengine
New Champion Plugs $19 at local walmart
New check ball,fuel filter and fuel line was $50 at local marina.
Used 4 blade shooter prop $150 from ebay.
Alos I found a service manual for my motor and only paid $12 for download at Readmanual.com. if anyone needs a manual check out Readmanual.com and dont pay the price they ask for just put in way lower price and if that dont work just bump it up a few more dollars. I payed with paypal. I now have a .pdf file that is a true Evenrude Service Manual. 485 pages.
Yes a lot of money but I paid no labor cost because I was able to check and do things myself thaks to everyone on here helping me.

Back