Logo

Coolant drops in reservoir only

Clint324

I have a 350tbi crusader and the coolant was low in the reservoir when I started the engines after winter and it was full in the exchanger, so I filled the reservoir and left for another 2 weeks. Well it drained again and was full in the exchanger. I pressure tested the engine and it passed but I did it cold. I'm going to try it with a warm engine next. Any ideas?

i did not see any leaks at the reservoir or the hose going to the cap, maybe it's just that small, or could the cap be bad to?

I'm thinking the reservoir or the interconnecting hose may be leaking....the question is this: Is the cooling being drawn into the closed side due to a leak or is the leak external to the cooling system?

I've found paper towel helpful in locating small leaks....doing the pressure test with the engine warm can't hurt...

I'm thinking the reservoir or the interconnecting hose may be leaking........
I'm with Mark on this one!

As the coolant in the Engine and H/E cools down and contracts some........., negative pressure should pull coolant from the reservoir.
It will do this ONLY if the connecting hose and fittings are good, and only if the pressure cap is the correct type for a "recovery" system.

the question is this: Is the cooling being drawn into the closed side due to a leak or is the leak external to the cooling system?
Good question.

I've found paper towel helpful in locating small leaks....doing the pressure test with the engine warm can't hurt...
Ditto!

Back