Logo

Honda BF200 No Power Under A Load And Alarm

mbee80

I have replaced both filters in the high pressure fuel pump, water separator, plugs, o2 sensor, had all the injectors cleaned, all cylinders are at 225 psi and still cant get on a plane. the rpms will not go over 3000 at full throttle and after a short while of running we get a constant alarm and motor goes into a rough shake. at home after 45 min of running on the hose I get a beeping alarm, I have ordered both thermostats and o rings and will change. I am scratching my head on this one, hopefully someone can help.

Two quick things, what is your error code? And what is your fuel pressure during the cycle?

How can I get the error code also fuel pressure during the cycle I'm new to outboards but am mechanically inclined. If you can bare with me that would be nice. Let me know what I need to do

If you run a 200 or 225 on a hose, you will get an overheat alarm. There is no way a garden hose can put enough volume of water through that beast to properly cool it. It's amazing you ran for 45 minutes before the alarm sounded. You need to immerse it in a test tank. A large trash can elevated to cover the anti-cavitation plate will do the trick. Just keep water running into the tank.

You need to pull fault codes. The procedure has been posted several times on this forum. Alternatively, send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I will send a write-up of the procedure plus a PDF file explaining what each fault is telling you.

My thoughts exactly on a thermostat since I replaced everything else I figured to do the thermostat as well when I pull up to my next job I will send you an e-mail

Back