Logo

3.0 volvo engine/head pressure test

garzrtoon

I have a 96 model pontoon with a volvo 3.0. Getting water in oil after overheating. Have done pressure test with 20 lbs of air several times. After 1 hour bleeds down to 15 lbs and 2 hours after that its down to 0. I cannot hear air movig anywhere and have even used a stethoscope. I've soaked entire engine with soapy water and get no bubbles anywhere. I drained water from engine and manifold before starting test even blew through all hoses with shop vac so I thought I had all water out but apparently not as I have water seeping into manifold during test. When I say water it's actually rv antifreeze from last year winterization. I keep boat in shop with heat set at 40 degrees all winter but winterize just in case of power loss. I suspect I have a cracked head but want to confirm before removing. Any suggestions on any other possible testing would be greatly appreciated.

Suggest that you post this question on the Volvo forum on this site. Go to the top right side of this page, click on "Forum Home" and scroll down to the Volvo Penta forum.

Back