Logo

warning horn in controller wont turn off

With the horn sounding, remove the TAN wire from it. If the horn continues to sound, replace the horn.

If the horn shuts down when you remove that wire, you have a sensor shorting out... in which case, have the horn sounding again and disconnect the sensors one by one until you find the shorted sensor.

I LEFT KEY IN ON POSITION BY ACCIDENT WARNING HORN GOING OFF ON ITS OWN WHEN I WOKE UP. Any Ideas?

You didn't say what motor you have. Typically, sensors are installed in cylinder head. Some motors have only one, some two. Problem can also be the wire is shorted to ground anywhere along it's length.

With the horn sounding, remove the TAN wire from it. If the horn continues to sound, replace the horn.

If the horn shuts down when you remove that wire, you have a sensor shorting out... in which case, have the horn sounding again and disconnect the sensors one by one until you find the shorted sensor.

I have a 1996 150hp Johnson outboard.I tried disconecting tan wire at alarm buzzer it stopped .I disconnected 3 tan wires connected to the block of the engine via a bullet connection none of which stopped it from buzzing.Does that mean short somewhere in the wire or could it be a bad buzzer horn still?

If you're sure that you have all of the sensors at the engine disconnected, and the horn continues to sound...........

Yes, that indicates that the TAN wire is grounded somewhere.

If you're sure that you have all of the sensors at the engine disconnected, and the horn continues to sound...........

so i decided to get someone who new what they where doing to fix the boat.He comes next week.In the mean time i diconnected horn and took boat for a ride it ran very poor and hopped at 1000+ rpms.Would it do that with a bad thermal sensor??

Back