Logo

Having problem bleeding trim/tilt

PatToops

My trim/tilt motor burned out, so I replaced it. I took the motor housing off and put in new o-rings and reassembled. The motor runs great and the hydralics will push the piston up firmly, however the motor will not pull down or lower the piston. I have filled the reservoir when the piston is up. I have turned the manual release valve and have been able to lowered the piston somewhat. Closing the manual release and again the motor moves the fluid and firmly pushes the piston up. However, as I stated, the motor runs in reverse, but will not pull the piston down. ANY RECOMEMDATIONS?

I'm new on this site, so I have to lesrn how to reply and communicate. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Pat

J115SXEDR 1996 JOHNSON OCEAN RUNNER

I no doubt have air in the main hydralic cylinder and I'm no sure how to purge it ou.

Thanks for communicating.

Pat

To bleed this unit, you raise the mtr to the full tilt position. Check the oil level and fill. Then cycle it up and down 5 times and recheck oil in full tilt. If it won't do this you could have probs in the valve body.

Thanks again. I may indeed have valve body problems, since it will to go up, but not down. Sounds like parts for ebay mechanics. I have another used unit that works. Just hate to see things go to waste. I replaced the motor on this thinking that was the problen, since it worked well when I stored it. Again thanks you.

Pat

Back