Logo

Gasoline leak betweem coupler and gastank help Johnson 1978 2 stroke

Ray87

Hi.

I have just got a Johnson 6hp 2 stroke from around 1978.
When i pump up gas it leak from the motor gas intake.
Since im not good with English i have a pics of it here what part that leak.

I want this part on pics and that connector from the gas hose that you plug into this. Where could i order this two parts that are a quick connectors between motor and gastank? Someone that could link me to the right parts that i could order?

Very happy for some help here :)

image.jpg

Last edited:
Motorside fuel connector is part number 376154, replaced by new number 0393334.
Tankside fuel connector is part number 173247, replaced by new part number 0775640.

You probably do not need those parts. If they are good, all you need is a new o-ring seal in the tankside connector. The seal is part number 303598, replaced by new number 0334913.

All are available right here at marineengine.com Or are you in another country? These parts are used on many, many motor models and you may be able to find them locally.

Hi and thank you for good help.
Im from Norway, do they ship to my country?
I could order it, but maby one of theas will fit the motor?

http://www.biltema.no/no/Bat/Motor/...tilbehor/Motor--og-tanktilkobling-2000037659/

The motor connector do not have any seal?
Since it cost 52 dollar i would try a new tank connector first since it from the year that the motor was new :)
Last year i throw it away and connect the gas hose right on the gaspump so i need a new one anyway.

Im very glad for your help, im noob when we come to boats, is it often that it leak from the motor connector or is it almost always from the tank connector? :)

Last edited:
From your link: You need either OMC 250212 or OMC 250213, depending on hose size. 250212 fits 8MM hose, 250213 fits 9.5MM hose.

Yamaha connectors do NOT fit.

You speak English better than I speak Norway.

Thanks everyone for the help. I dont know how big the hose is. But if the omc will fit i could wait for the store have them in stock.

The boat motor is long away from where we are now, and it not any stores around there, i wonder what part number the impeller on the water pump is?
And what type spark plugs could i use on it?
The motor is not mutch used, but it have been stored for the last 30 years.
Last year i tried it i run it with the very old sparkplugs, is it a good idea to change them or could the old one be good?

Where could i find part paper to this engine?

Your tank should have the small hose.
Parts list at http://shop.evinrude.com/ Click on "Parts" at top of page, then Change to "Johnson" in the box where it defaults to Evinrude, then follow through to your model.
Nothing wrong with old spark plugs. What matters is how many hours they have been run. Or they could be fouled with carbon or oil.

Last edited:
Back