Logo

Changed out fuel lines - Bulb won't prime.

BOSNRay

Fuel lines needed changing on my 115 Optimax Saltwater (previous owner may have run ethanol). Connections on new lines are tight but the bulb doesn't get hard and new fuel filter is dry.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

maybe you need a new fuel filter, but what do you mean by the bulb doesn't get hard? you're talking about the primer bulb?

Make sure when you are trying to prime the ball that you have the engine side pointed straight up in the air at least until you start feeling fuel moving through the ball. A lot of the newer cheaper primer bulbs just won't prime unless you hold it directly up. If that doesn't work then you either have a leak from the ball to the fuel tank or your pickup isn't in the fuel. If it has a remote tank check the connection on the tank itself for leaks. Any leak from the tank to the bulb will not allow it to prime.

Still not running well. Looks like I will get the injectors cleaned and go from there. Now it has to be between the fuel filter and the plugs (I think). Should know by next Monday.

Back