Logo

1987 force 125 hp outboard wiring set up

dave_44

Unknown-1.jpegUnknown-2.jpegUnknown-3.jpegUnknown-4.jpegUnknown-5.jpegUnknown.jpegI recently bought a 1987 force outboard motor the motor ran fine i saw it running but the guy took the electrically attachments of before i could snap a phot of where they were attached I can't seem to get the ignition to work now the way i thought the should be attached must not be correct. I took photos of the wires removed and the wires coming out of the ignition any assistance would help thanks

The colors don't match up but I know it works because I watched the guy start it with this ignition and the wires attached to it. The wires are yellow with red stripe, green with white stripe, black, black with white stripe, black with yellow stripe, red with purple stripe, purple with white stripe. It does seem to be working whatever I try. Unless I have the battery cables in the wrong spot ? Is there a fuse somewhere that could have somehow be blown

I have attached the following wires an w
it still doesn't work yellow/red to yellow which is the starter, purple to purple which is tachometer, black with yellow to white which is the white magneto, green for green which is choke , orange had nothing I had no wire to attach to it that's heat, red with with purple stripe to red which is positive and black to ground and black with white to ground. It doesn't seem to make sense any other way but nothin works at all no choke starter doesn't turn over. Is it possible I m not getting power for the battery ?

I tryed the circuit breakers they seemed fine didn't help. The fuse box could be an issue the motor is currently not on a boat I bought it from a guy who was replacing it so I guess it's possible that it was run through a fuse box which I don't have now. It has possible to run the motor and sort out the issues before it goes on the boat. I ve done a lot of reading the last few days and I m convinced it's not getting power. Any other possible solutions ?

Back