Logo

Nissan 25HP outboard stopped working

joeyasbury

I have a 2004 nissan 25HP outboard motor. I have attached pictures of the stickers on the motor. I recently got it out for the year. I emptied the gas out of the gas tank and replaced with new gas. I put in new spark plugs. I was able to get the motor running. Let it run for about 10 minutes. Shut it off, waited a few minutes, then pull started it again and let it run for another ten minutes.

The next day I fired it up and it ran just fine. Same thing, run for ten, shut it off, wait a few minutes, start it back up.

The third day, it would not pull start. I am at a lost of what it could be. Today was the fourth day, and same result. Couldnt not get it to start.Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5439.jpg
    IMG_5439.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5438.jpg
    IMG_5438.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 16
Need more information. As it is, could be almost anything. What does "it would not pull start" mean? Does it mean the recoil is jammed? Are you supplying water to the cooling system while testing? Did you add TCW-3 oil to the fuel? What do the plugs look like? Is the stop clip inserted? Is there spark? Does the motor make any burp sound as though it would almost start? Have you applied choke if the motor is dead cold?

I pull start it. The recoil is not jammed. Pulling to start is same as it was when the motor was running. That is not the issue. I am supplying water to the motor through the muffs connected at the water intake. I have added the appropriate oil to the fuel. I bought new spark plugs and thats how I got the motor to fun a few days ago. The stop clip is inserted. The motor does not make any burp noise when I pull the line to start it. I have applied the choke.

I would inspect the plugs and test for spark. You may have over-choked, flooding the plugs with fuel, which would prevent ignition.

Back