Logo

Losing Power

M

mlaco15

" I have twin 225 Suzuki's

" I have twin 225 Suzuki's and one will loss power after 30-40 minutes of running. Also noticed the fuel primer bulb is really soft on the side that is losing power. If I slow down to an idle for 5 minutes I can run some more, than it happens again. I am going to change the fuel/water seps first, what else could it be??
Thanks to everyone that makes this site great. "

" Assuming bothe outboards are

" Assuming bothe outboards are also using the same tank (eliminates problems associated w/ the tank), a stuck ball valve in the primer bulb, bad fuel pump or leak in the line (air leak allowing air in) could also cause that problem. What I would do is switch the lines that supply fuel to the engines; if the other engine starts crapping out, you will have the problem isolated to the supply before the engine. If the engine that originally was having problems continues, you know it's related to something internal to that engine.

Also, those bulbs don't allways remain hard, and although it may be a clue, it also may have nothing to do with the loss of power. This could be an issue w/ overheating or an ignition failure of some sort. Keep in mind, with 2-strokes, the fuel is the lubricant, running them for periods of time, with a lack of fuel, can be damaging.

Jon "

Back