Logo

converting to EFI, o2 sensor placment?

dwade2777

I have a Chrysler 340ci that i want to convert to EFI. FITech has come out with a cool system that I think would be an easy conversion. One snag where to place the o2 sensor? I have the old stile log exhaust manifolds. Can anyone suggest where to place an O2 sensor where it wont get wet?

this is the websight for EFI http://nlead.ajxmq.servertrust.com/default.asp

Last edited:
Way cool......!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to look at my elbows...They may have threaded bungs in them already

Another quest I have is where does water get introduced into the exhaust stream! I have to try and find a spot before that point. I will post some pictures ASAP.

Another quest I have is where does water get introduced into the exhaust stream!

Ayuh,.... At the aft end of the risers,....

Good luck with it,....

I'll stick with my carb,....

somebody`s always trying ti re-invent the wheel. there is already enough trouble keeping the sensors dry with cats today.
Whatever bungs you do find were for the sand casting process and not for sensors in the exaust stream

Last edited:
somebody`s always trying ti re-invent the wheel. there is already enough trouble keeping the sensors dry with cats today.
Whatever bungs you do find were for the sand casting process and not for sensors in the exaust stream

Why hey not take advantage of technology?

to the OP. I'm swapping over to the center rise manifolds. I am going to make a 1 1/2" spacer between the manifold and riser that incorporates a threaded bung fo the O2 sensor. The spacer is simple, just copy the gasket with 1 .5" thick steel plate.

I wouldimagine you could do the same between the manifold and elbow.

Man, you are a glutton for punishment! But I respect your drive and ambition.

Jeff

PS: A well set up carb will give similar CRUISE gas mileage as EFI, so why bother.

Man, you are a glutton for punishment! But I respect your drive and ambition.

Jeff

PS: A well set up carb will give similar CRUISE gas mileage as EFI, so why bother.

Its not about fuel usage, it's driveability, better starting, and I plan on trailer ing my boat to different lakes out west with elevation changes. An EFI boat will run just as well on Lake Tahoe as it will at sea level

Back