Logo

yamaha f115 randomly dies when above idle. doesnt do it when rectifier is unplugged.

aquasport f115

Yamaha f115 randomly dies when above idle.It doesn't do it when rectifier is unplugged. replaced rectifier and stator. cleaned connections and new batt cables. engine is charging when rectifier is plugged up. The rec also gets pretty hot. also when it dies or sometimes surges the tach go completely off like no power. thanks in advance if i think of any other stuff its doing or not doing will post. problem started when i had alot of corrosion inside my batt cable to care of all that rec was burnt replaced still had problem replaced stator . It worked for one trip then problem again. Sorry for grammar not publishing a book . thanks !

It seems the surging and shutting off only happens once the rectifier gets hot. it is a 2004 f115txrc..i unhooked tachometer just to see problem was still there.

not sure yet only way to know is to take it out and run it a few times . But i think it is a bad battery maybe shorted. Switched my perko to one battery and it acted fine no surging . Then back to the other after a few minutes it started acting up again. hopefully it.

I just had to replaced my rectifier 150 hpdi, yours might be the same . They are water cooled . The water that pees overboard goes through the base of the rectifier. It may be clogged and overheating. Good luck

Back