Logo

Opinions on talking to repair shop about a repair

Dave12

I have a Merc 1999 90hp 2 stroke I took it to a shop early Last summer for a tune up and new fluid in lower unit . Ran the boat all summer no problems, about a month ago motor broke figured it was lower unit was just able to get boat out of the dock I park it at ,after I pulled it out of water went to check if any debri on drain plug , (no drain plug)....... it came out some time in the last 6 months probally fell out recently or it would have broke sooner . I leave it parked at a dock and had not taken it off the lake till yesterday I never touched the drain plug. So I'm asking how should I deal with the repair shop , if it happened sooner it would be a no brainer but with month's going by before it fell out from not being put in correct by the repair shop I feel they wont honor their mistake. Any advice before i go talk to them????

possibly someone needed a drain plug after they lost theirs and went to the dock instead of the parts store.....regardless of what happened it ran ok for a summers boating after the fact...get ready to spend money on a lower unit...just my opinion

Back