Logo

suzuki 7.5 problem

rodey

Contributing Member
posting this for a mate as he doesnt us computers,
has a old suzuki 7.5,
been lying up for a while,
somtimes it will run for a while but only at high revs
try to drop down to idle and it will dye .
then it may take a while to get it to start again
heres what weve done so far,
clean carb let it soak for 24 hrs then blew it all out,
clean up points,
checked fuel pump,
changed plugs,
has a brilliant blue spark,
compression is even on the 2 cylinders and was somwere in the 130,
any ideas on what else to check.
thanks

all them views and no replys,
anyway abit of a update,
got a lend of another carb just to try,
still the same
when i take out the spark plugs and pull it i get an awfull lot of fuel out of the spark plug holes,
what could be the cause of this

sounds like the float in the carb is stuck open giving the motor to much gas.
cheers for replying been threw the carb a few times and niw we have a different carb on it. off a running engine so that does away with the carb issue

If the spark plugs are wet, and you have a good spark then you could be getting to much gas. One way to tell is if it will run real good with the choke on or half way on.

If the spark plugs are wet, and you have a good spark then you could be getting to much gas. One way to tell is if it will run real good with the choke on or half way on.
ya by the amount of gas comming out when i pull it when the plugs are out its defo overfueling just cant find how as the new carb on it came from a running engine
choke makes no difference

Pull the bowl off the bottom of the carb and make sure it closes off the plug when the float is up. It could be at a point that it does not shut off the gas. Did the carb come off a running 7.5hp of a same brand of motor?

Pull the bowl off the bottom of the carb and make sure it closes off the plug when the float is up. It could be at a point that it does not shut off the gas. Did the carb come off a running 7.5hp of a same brand of motor?
ya it came off a identical 7.5. so it should be good, as the motor it came from ws running fine

Check your fuel pump. There is a diaphragm in there that may be leaking raw fuel in through the crankcase pulse port. Results in way too much fuel. A simple way (sort of simple) to check would be to by-pass the pump and run the tank line directly to the carburetor. Supply fuel by squeezing the ball now and then....and see if the symptoms change.

Let me know what happens; OK?

ya we had tried that and it worked for a while then we got back to the same,
then the ignition coil under the flywheel went so we have given up on it at the minute ,
still trying to track down the coil for it

Back