Logo

Plumbing Help Please!

ScottP797

So I traded a jet ski for a 24 foot chris craft concept. Guy said he replaced the motor. Well it was seized so i transferred every thing over onto a newer 351W and now i need help on the plumbing i have two parts that look like a fuel gas separator and oil cooler. Was wondering if any one knows or has access to a manual for a system (which i think is omc penta) cooling system.

fetch

Thanks for reading.
Scott

and now i need help on the plumbing i have two parts that look like a fuel gas separator and oil cooler.

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,...... The fuel filter should have 2 lines, one from the tank, 'n the other to the fuel pump,.....

The oil cooler is for the P/S I believe, the in-comin' water flows through it,....

No idea where yer gonna find a manual,...

Good luck,....

and also I have a bigger cooler too that goes up into the intake. Does that attach to the
I mean exhaust manifolds

Huh,..??

I see rust at the joint 'tween the manifold, 'n riser,....

Probably oughta pull 'em apart for inspection, 'n fresh gaskets atleast, new parts if necessary,...

So I traded a jet ski for a 24 foot chris craft concept. Guy said he replaced the motor. Well it was seized so i transferred every thing over onto a newer 351W
The Engine pictured is NOT a Ford 351W!!!!! It is a GM SBC (ignition distributor is at the rear.... the Ford 5.8L is up front)

and now i need help on the plumbing i have two parts that look like a fuel gas separator and oil cooler.
As said.... you'll have a fuel filter and a Power Assist steering pump oil cooler (Steering Pump Oil cooler is at the rear of the engine).
The PA Steering Pump Oil cooler will have seawater running through it.

The filter that is attached to the Port side exhaust Elbow, is a remotely located Engine Oil Filter.

Was wondering if any one knows or has access to a manual for a system (which i think is omc penta) cooling system.
Volvo Penta bought out OMC.
A few OMC tagged components were carried over into the Volvo Penta SX and DP-S lines for a few short years.
We need some clarity....... so let's first determine what you have and what drive you plan to use behind this engine!

OMC Cobra = seawater pump located within the drive.
Volvo Penta = seawater pump that is engine mounted.

And yes.... I agree with Bill..... you have something going on between the Port side exhaust manifold and the Port side exhaust Elbow.
This should be pulled apart and examined thuroughly.

fetch

Thanks for reading.
Scott

Last edited:
Back