Logo

New Water Heater installation

Wolfpack Rugby

Any one have a reservation about installing a residential electrical water heater on a boat.? I am replacing an 11 yo 10 gal. Sears electric. I've owned the boat for the last 10 yrs, been through 3 surveys , nothing ever noted on report and now it's time to replace it.
Benefits : 2000 watts, faster recovery, will hold hot water longer, glass lined, anode rod installed, small foot print. A lot less $$$. Negative : not ignition protected. But, I can see any difference in the thermostat.
Your thoughts..
Lou R.

Check on what the TPR valve specs should be for marine application and the proper way to bond it ground. (TPR temp pressure relief valve)

It's actually set up as a 120v plug in to a receiptical . I also know because of thr Pex tubing I need. 100 psi T&P valve.
There has been the same type unit on board for 11 yrs. Just running this senerio by everyone. Looking for anything negative.
Lou R.

The tank is pulling about 17 amps powerA/C. Do you use a generator or is it running off the engine when out on the water? Not sure what that converts to when running through an inverter what is the amp draw on the battery?

I have a 50 gallon. If the boat is pounding the heating elements seem to break. I seems to be the longer ones that loop back. Current tank is 2011 and on the 2nd set of heating elements.

Back