Logo

35 hp johnson outboard model difference

josh235

yes I have a Johnson 35hp motor the model number is j35elcsm when I am looking for manuals the original manuals don't have that model number on the cover as to model numbers they cover when I look the model number up it says its a 1980 so i was wondering what the difference is between the j35elcs and the j35elcsm are and if the 1980 manual with the j35elcs will work for the j35elcsm motor

Thanks appreciate it I have worked on many different engines but outboard engines are something I haven't got into much it's not running good at an idle and my brother In law just got it are they to bad to do the crank case seals on

the guy he bought it from had it taken to a boat shop and they told him the bottom seal was leaking and also there is a lot of oil residue towards the bottom of the engine and also when you spray brake clean down that way it changes rpm on the engine witch it should if it sucking air but I got the bottom seal in and everything put back together got it running but now my problem is all the wires are falling apart so im looking at trying to start rewiring it one wire at a time but my main problem is it is seeming to flood out I rebuilt the carb with a new float needle seat everything that came with the kit new gaskets and it still foods so then we checked vents in the tank and even opened the lid to vet pressure and it will still flood it so we then went another step further by unhooking the fuel line and running it out of gas in the carb and hooking it up when we go to use it so my question is do you think that the reed valves could be loose enough to let that much extra fuel in the crankcase that it would be flooding it everytime we go to start it

Back