Logo

evinrude scout trolling motor repair

I have an old evinrude scout trolling motor. the speed control switch only works on high. I have two motors, one is saltwater and the other is a freshwater unit .I'm trying to put the speed control rotary switchs from the freshwater unit onto the saltwater unit. these two units appear to be identical except one is white and the other is black in color. the problem is the freshwater speed control has 3 wires and the saltwater unit has 4 wires. freshwater has an orange, black and yellow wires and the saltwater unit has two black and two red wires. how do I make the change?

24 volts is two batteries connected in series two batteries in parallel is still 12 volts with more amp hrs.
this three wire switch was in a 24 volt unit that looks identical to the other one is black and the other is white. coudn't this three wire switch be wired into the 4 wire system? just don't know which two wires to connect to which post.

this is a bow mount unit,foot control.the model # on the black freshwater unit is bvf4pv, the model #on the white saltwater unit is hard to make out,but appears to be EB12TB

kimcrwbr1, thank you so much for all your hard work and knowledge. I've had the black one for years. I've had the white one about a year and a half. It was sold as a 24 volt unit.I've been using it for a year or so. it is hooked up to 24 volts.

this is a bow mount unit,foot control.the model # on the black freshwater unit is bvf4pv, the model #on the white saltwater unit is hard to make out,but appears to be EB12TB

Can u tell me where to look for them model numbers, I have a scout and steering cable is broke.....found one that looks similar and think is the right one.....but with model number I can be sure.....thnx

Back