Logo

bow glass repair

marinoperna

Bought an older proline 2950 and now notce a bit of bow missing 1X 7" long probably hit the ground at some point.

What is the recommend best brand of materials along with the best recommended method for repair. Only like to do it once but since the last time (30 years ago) i'm sure there are better product.

Thanks for any help

Regards
Marino

Got pics? Grind or coarse sand it down to raw fiberglass. Bondo makes a good filler in the green can. Clean the area good with acetone just prior to applying the patch. Mix a small cup of regular resin at the same time mix up the patch and with a chipping brush tack coat the area to patch and quickly apply the patch mix and build up past the lines of the boat. Let it cure until solid but before it fully cures use a flat rasp to knock down the high spots and get the shape close without cutting too deep. Were you planning on coating the bottom or just the patch?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAND-SURFOR...791121?hash=item3a5a761491:g:3oMAAOxy-j9STQyj
You can get the smaller palm rasp at most any home depot/hardware store and dont plug up just work it slowly after the resin gets hard to the fingernail. Temp and amount of catalist are factors on curing time. If you find it is taking a long time to cure get a rag wet with acetone and wipe it lightly a few times and the resin will finish curing. Let it finish curing at least 24 hrs before finish sanding and then overcoat.

I usually bought this type of accessories through home decor coupons because I always get special offers from this store. Recently I got different tools for my home from there & their offers were really amazing & money saving.

Still i am looking for recommended method for repair.

Bought an older proline 2950 and now notce a bit of bow missing 1X 7" long probably hit the ground at some point.

What is the recommend best brand of materials along with the best recommended method for repair. Only like to do it once but since the last time (30 years ago) i'm sure there are better product.

Thanks for any help

Regards
Marino

Back