Logo

D2-55 Cross Reference

tomcrowe

All,
I have a D2-55F and have noticed that many of the part numbers are the same as on other Volvo (and Perkins) models. when watching he forums for discussion I see very little on the D2-55 itself, and was wondering if they were similar enough to other models that I should pay attention elsewhere for relevant discussions.

Thanks,
Tom

This sounds wrong. Do you have some matching part numbers we can look up?
I can't picture any part from D2 that would work on a Perkins. Maybe something like a belt or a filter I guess.

from various web sources the d2-55 Block is Shibaura N844L-C 4cyl 2.2L. specifications match exactly by my check. Marinizaton provided by perkins. I find various parts on mine with perkins labels.

web post from YBW discussion board

Base engine design is actually Shibura, assembled under licence by Perkins Shibura Engine Co, some local sourcing, however many components sourced from Shibura or from their suppliers. Good durable little motors which is why I can understand why nobody in the food chain wanting to keep a piston on the shelf with infintesimal parts turn on small margin engine. Perkins sell these little motors bare, at fan hub to flywheel price, complete with rotating electrics for between £400 to £700, so it is a Tesco style stack them high, sell them cheap game.

If you want to try and circumvent the supply chain try going direct to;
SHIBURA EUROPE BV
Begonialaan 7
6851 TE Huissen
The Netherlands
T. 0031 (0)26 326 9999

Shibura nomenclature for your engine model is N844L, I am told the parts contact in Belgium is Bert Meijer, but never used him. They will not deal with you direct but may point you at UK service agent or other alternative parts suppliers for example CAT or CNH Case New Holland who use this engine model in baby skid steer loaders, possibly genny bulders like Freddy Wilson or Nothern Lights.

Back