Logo

vro 1995 200hp evinrude

had a problem couple years ago with low oil flow alarm so diconected and ran premix. overhauling engine now and thinking of rebuilding vro. has anyone had similar problem? not sure if electrical sensor or low pulse air. tired of premix. I know they have two kits for vro, one fuel plunger and 2 air diapham.

Well,
If you are overhauling the engine, you should go ahead and replace the VRO entirely, or risk damaging the new powerhead. Most companies that do rebuilds will NOT warrant their work with an old VRO, and some will not warrant unless you premix. Just to say how seriously they take it.

The problem is that the oil side cannot be rebuilt, and if the electronic sensor is bad there is no way to repair it. If I were going to go back from pre-mix, I would get a new VRO AND a new oil sender (in the oil tank.)

The two kits that you speak of will rebuild the fuel side. It comes to around $160. Thats a lot of cash just to rebuild the fuel side. By then you are 1/2 the cost of a new VRO.

Hello :)
First..sorry if my englich is bad but i hope yo understand :)
I am from Norway and hope you can help me.
I have a 1998 Johnsen 115 Oceanrunner...i want to mix the oil in my fuel..not use the oiltank...my dealer will help me but they want to sell me a new fuel pump for 1100$ !!!
Can i just plug the oil line and mix 2% oil in my fuel ? Do i need to do something more ?
Hope you can help me with this, the reasion is that i have rebuild my engine and now want to be sure that the engine got oil...resion number two...the area/room where the oil tank is located is big (Galia 560 Cruiser) and i want to use this room as a storage for fish...not a messy oiltank...i use this boat for fishing.
Please give me advice :))
Thank you.

You can use the vro as a just a fuel pump. Plug the oil line at the motor and and unplug the sensors on the pump and tank. Then mix the gas at 50-1 mix

Thank you Flyingscott !!
Dealers are like a moscito...they want to drain you:(, i am sure they also know this.

Do someone have a picture who show witch plugs i must unplug ?

Back