Logo

Where to buy a BF15D service manual

It some how blanked me out but put the words together and a dot before the no. Hope that helps Boat info no

While boatinfo at "no" has good on-line access, I am happy I bought a paper copy from Honda Marine on Amazon. You may also want the Honda Marine Carburetion Manual, from the same vendor. The main shop manual does not go in to the carb operation beyond install and remove. boatinfo doesn't offer the carb manual.

The cover looks the same to me, someone who has spent the $40 for the bound and printed manual will need to report if the contents are the same:
http://tinyurl.com/jkjus2v

My BF100E (1986 "10 HP") suddenly won't idle, runs forever at high speed.

I have New (few years ago) Honda Carb ordered from boats*net and cleaned it (looked clean) with no difference. See I missed the "Slow Jet Access Screw" so have it on the bench again and will try some mono-leader and compressed air (90 psi).

I also still have original carb to compare, new one had collar and lock on a recessed idle screw which I worked loose in trying to adjust. Original carb probably just needs a good cleaning, I had replaced it thinking there must be passages within that I couldn't access. Sometimes throwing parts at a problem is a waste...

Also want to confirm my float height so printed page 7-11 to help me there. It has a better illustration than my Honda BF75-100/BF8A Service Manual, but otherwise don't see advantage for me in their "Honda Marine Carburetion Carb Service Repair Manual".
Art

Edit:- Ok, now I see that it's just Chapter 7 (Assembly/Adjustment) out of a dozen chapters in the Bound $40 Manual.

Last edited:
Edit:- Ok, now I see that it's just Chapter 7 (Assembly/Adjustment) out of a dozen chapters in the Bound $40 Manual.

Yes, that fooled me too when I "FOUND!!!" it. It had good data. I understand that the full manual has extensive "theory of operation" sections.

Honda carbs make it very difficult to clean the idle passages. When I pulled the idle mixture screw, I ran hard solder into the break-off groove so I could more reliably remove it in the future. The idle fuel galleries are very tiny and hard to get at. On a different carb, I drilled a small hole in the welsh plug over the idle ports and levered it out.That gave excellent access to to various transition jet ports. I was able to re-dish the welsh plug, repair the hole with aluminum brazing, and re-use it. I've heard of others using JBweld.

Back