Logo

Crusader 3" elbows

Mike29

Contributing Member
Hi folks!
As stated in previous thread I want to change my exhaust elbows out while I'm on the hard. I found a great price on some "Crusader" elbows but am a little suspicious they might be made in China. Does anyone have any info on the current manufacturer of Crusader branded exhaust products?

Are they pre-painted in Crusader blue. True Crusader risers, elbows, and manifolds come pre-painted. Some of the off brands such as Osco are not painted, only primed. There are web sites that call whatever they are selling as Crusader because they are for Crusader engines.

I emailed Crusader a couple days ago ...still waiting for a response. They are painted Crusader blue...at least in the pictures.

I replaced mine Crusader 260's (350CI) from Barr Marine, they seem to be good quality and from New England.

Anyone know what would cause one elbow to get a lot hotter than the other to the point of distorting the hose coming off the elbo? Its a closed circuit cooling system, so I'm assuming not enough raw water mixing with the exhaust. White smoke/steam out the back. I've replaced impeller, the heat exchanger is clear, hoses are clear, new elbo's. I'm at a loss as to why the elbo's are getting so hot. Other engine elbo's are cool to the touch.

Charley,
Much steam often indicates reduced raw water flow. Might also check the U-Cooler (if equipped) for a restriction.
FL Panhandle

If these are on the ends of the log style manifold, which gasket(s) were used and how did you install them (orientation)?

Back