Logo

Alarm Not Working

123gradyg

I'm trying to get some more information. I posted before got some info, but the problem still exists. I have a 2006 Honda 225 fourstroke that the alarm doesn't work when the engine over heats, low oil, or when you turn the keyswitch on. I checked all the connections, all are fine. Checked the ecm and it checks out fine. Switched out the main wiring harness, keyswitch, and alarm itself, still no alarm. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Remind me....do you have the keyswitch assy with the four lights?

If so, did you change the whole assembly?

When you say...main wiring harness, is it the cable from the engine to the helm?

Mike

The main keyswitch panel has two lights on it and right above it there is another panel with two more lights. I changed the whole keyswitch panel with the two lights. I changed the main wiring harness from the engine to the helm.

ok.... First you need to determine if the lights are getting positive voltage. I would suggest, just concentrating on the second panel with only two lights to minimize confusion. Once you find that problem, it may be the same thing causing the key switch lights not to work. With the key switch in the "on" positions, you should have 12v on the yellow/black lead going at the panels connector. It comes from one of the 10 amp fuses on the motor when the main relay is operated by the key switch. If you do not get it there, go back to the motor and make sure you get the voltage on both sides of the 10 amp fuses. If so, then see if you have 12v at the yellow/black at the 6 pin connector at the motor end of the wiring harness.

You should be able to just use a test light for the above tests....

If there is 12v at the light panel, the lights get operated by grounds from the alternator(the charge light) and one from the ECM (the check engine light). The ground on the white/blue lead at the light panel should say there after the key switch is on for two seconds. The ground on the red/blue at the light panel will only be there for 2 seconds after the key switch is turned on.

Now that I said all that, is it safe to assume that the motor is running ok other than the warning lights?

Mike

When you find the problem, please let all of us know what it was, because this is a pretty rare issue with the Hondas.

Back