Logo

2002 Yamaha 115 TXRA 2 stroke Impeller Change

keadams

Guys, Fairly new here and I have a question regarding my 2002 Yamaha 115 V4 2 stroke. I was out a few weeks back and while running about 4k the motor started stalling and the temp lite was on and buzzing. I turned the motor off in the beginning and let cool down assuming it was getting too hot. Upon restart and at about 2k no warning light. Keep in mind the water was peeing out the back very strong as normal. All day i tooled around at 2-2.5k with no issues. I spoke to a couple people and they said the impeller may need to be replaced. I removed the foot and impeller housing and installed all new.

First question: I can not get the plastic piece and the stainless cap to go back on and in fact broke the plastic piece trying. Is this a required part and if so can someone share the plastic piece part number so i can replace? Also, any tricks to getting this back on would be greatly appreciated.

Second question: While removing the foot i noticed the rubber/plastic bushing guide for the shaft was badly worn so I removed it. need to get part number for that.

Last Question: Any other things I should check regarding the temp light coming on besides replacing the impeller?

Thanks for your time.

Back