Logo

noisey crank bearings

rodey

Contributing Member
so i got a 1996 30hp tohatsu 2 stroke .
engine has main bearing rumble.
so took it all apart hoping it as only the top or bottom bearing.
turns out the middle one has a rumble also,
not as bad as top and bottom,
so will be changing them but hat will i do about the middle as the crank is pressed together and cant get the middle one off.
is there anyway to quiten down the middle bearing.
cant go to the expence of a new crank.
thanks

Nope. Unless you can find a shop to press it apart -- and more importantly index and press it together -- you will need a complete crank assembly.

See if you can find a shop that will press it apart to install a new pin and bearing.-------Was the motor submerged at any time ?

thanks for reply.
no wasnt submerged.
it it was i woulnd be bothered doing it,
was left lying up a few years,
just the middle main bearing i cant get at myself.

Find a shop that rebuilds snowmobile cranks they will be able press it apart. Make sure the bearings are available I just scrapped a 90 hp because of a crank bearing not being available. Probabaly a ballbearing went bad one way to keep them cheaper.

Find a shop that rebuilds snowmobile cranks they will be able press it apart. Make sure the bearings are available I just scrapped a 90 hp because of a crank bearing not being available. Probabaly a ballbearing went bad one way to keep them cheaper.

iv the crank out and top and bottom bearing off.
see what u mean with sizes,
the bottom and middle bearing is 65mm wide and i cant seem to find them anywere,
hope they can be got as i have somone to do it for me.
funny the parts catalog for tohatsu says the bearing number 6305 but thats comming in at 62mm wide but the bearing is 65mm,

Back