Logo

Honda VTEC 90 HP Intermediate Beeping

GettinFishy

My outboard has recently started to beep when running. The engine runs fine, and no warning lights on the key panel. Has anyone ran into this issue?

Intermedate beeping is generally the trim/tilt sensor saying you have your motor trimed too high. These are known to fail.

Intermedate beeping is generally the trim/tilt sensor saying you have your motor trimed too high. These are known to fail.

I did some investigation and found that the trim tilt plastic lever im asuming works the sensor has been broken off, I used my hand to push it all the way down into the down position, but the gauge on my cluster is still reading up. Is there a way to complete the circut so it thinks its down?

I don't know your motor model so well, I'm sure there is a simple fix to your problem but I'm sorry I just don't know it apart from giving it a little oil and working it up & down to try & create a better contact. Is the spring not returning it to the up position now there is no arm to hold it down. I'm sure there are many experts here that can easily solve your problem. Good luck.

I have a similar problem with a 90 HP BF D. Beeping alarm that started shortly after I hit a small floating log at low speed. I cannot find a trim sensor on my motor. By the way in checked the water separator and even disconnected the sensor beep continues. Thanks

Sorry if I have Hijacked this post. I checked the water separator and also removed all of the the gas and ran it till it was empty replaced the gas, changed the oil and filter and disconnected the sensor on the water separator. Cranked it up within 10 seconds the beep beep sounds.

To be honest, I have never had to play with a water separator sensor, it could be that the ECM will also alarm if it is open circuit. Leave it plugged , pull it apart and make sure the float is sitting at the lowest point. There is no other alarm without warning lights (your lights are working and none are on, right? ).

Green Light is in which is good oil pressure. I carried it to the mechanic today. Thanks to everyone will post the problem when I pick it up.

Green Light is in which is good oil pressure. I carried it to the mechanic today. Thanks to everyone will post the problem when I pick it up.

Did you ever find out what the problem was? Just started having the same issue. Hooked it up to the scanner but there are no fault codes.

Back