Logo

2007 BF90D flush valve

hughj555

I had a water leak from the right side cover. When removed I found the pee hose disconnected and problem fixed. Bad news was I saw the flush valve was corroded looking. I pulled it out and will have to replace the internals (check valve, seal, etc..) There was a LOT of salt buildup and I tried to clean. I still don't see where the hole(s) are for the goes in/goes out. Is there just an exit hole to the hose just behind the flush valve? With the flush valve out and engine running I do not have any flow out of the hole where the flush valve goes in. There is water from hose behind the flush valve and plenty of water out the pee hole. Engine does not overheat. Does it matter if the check valve is not reinstalled? Thanks for any info.

Hugh

Your flush valve must really be impacted with salt. I have not looked up into it myself, but from the diagrams of the water flow, there is one hole and the water is only supposed to go in from the water pressure of the garden hose. If you have taken the check valve out, water should flow out as long as the water pump is working and there are no blockages along the way.

Mike

Thanks. It looks like it is going to stay plugged. I'm afraid if I keep poking at it I ma damage the metal. Have a Merry Christmas!

Back