Logo

What do you think about Hidea outboard?

Malthe Laursen

Hello everyone!
I'm searching for a brand new outboard motor up to 10 HP, and it has to be cheap. Therfore i was thinking about to buy a 9.9 HP outboard like the one in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnSQ4RRDJZY
It seems like it's working very well, and as you see in the video the speed limit is 30 km/t. It's a Hidea, which is very cheap because the whole production takes place in China, and that is what makes me anxiously.
I really just want to ask you guys, what your opinion is about Hidea, and I would really like to hear your experince with the brand.

Best regards
Malthe

do a google on ''hidea outboard review'' is my suggestion to you...''it has to be cheap'' is not a good criteria to start with....reliability and availability of parts and service would be better...

just my opinion

I do know that a resort(Nashville Shores) bought several of the 25hp a couple of years ago for their rental boats, and they ended up using several for part as they didn't hold up, all had oil problems.

the name should be changed to hideous, they are crap motors built with crap materials.
you can copy anything, but unless going to use good material then it is going to be crap.

some people hav had the odd good one, but most are very disappointed.

Back