Logo

01 yamaha 115. buzzer going off caussing engine to hesitate

KNARP101

hi guys new to the forum and somewhat new to owning a boat. never had any problems with my setup before. I've had the boat 3 years now and this is my first issue. left the dock over the weekend and headed out to our first stop. fished for a few with no luck and headed off to our next stop. but this time when I went to go start the engine I had a buzzer going off in the center console. never herd this before. it finally stopped and off I went. got to the next spot fished and picked up a few reds then the bite stopped and was ready to move again. again when I went to start the engine the buzzer was going off and didn't stop this time and when I went to put it in gear to get up on a plane it wanted to kill causing a bad hesitation in the engine. I'm thinking it has to do with the ignition switch or the safety kill switch. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, Richard

Is this an F115? If so, you could have an oil pressure problem or similar causing the engine to go into 'safe mode'. Have you checked the oil level?

Is this an F115? If so, you could have an oil pressure problem or similar causing the engine to go into 'safe mode'. Have you checked the oil level?

We had a similar issue on an F150. That was due to the bad balancer design shredding itself into the oil pan and blocking the oil pickup. No balancer on the F115, but low oil pressure can happen for many reasons.

Back