Logo

Sea Foam???

bobbyc

Advanced Contributor
I came across this independent youtube test of "Sea Foam"....It does show it's ability to remove carbon but I'm not sure if it actually proves anything else. The poster (Chris Fix) has apparently tested some other products also but I have not seen those tests as yet. Whether the carbon removal made the engine run better is still unknown. A well done test but I'm not exactly sure how the results translate into practical usage. Worth watching for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdT...UeJXkzDW8&annotation_id=annotation_3306449495

.It does show it's ability to remove carbon
Whether the carbon removal made the engine run better is still unknown.

Ayuh,.... If ya just wanta de-carbon the motor, a sodapop bottle of plain ole water, poured down the throat of the carb, with the motor runnin' at a hi-idle does the job perfectly,....

I've done it to motors headed for a tear-down,....
Saved alota wire brushin' later,...

British Leland factory manuals used to tell ya how to do it,...
I used to be into Austin Minis, 'n Series Land Rovers,... still got a IIa wagon,...

I think Sea-foam is an Ok penetratin' oil,...

Ayuh,.... That guy uses to little water,....

I pour it in fast enough to slightly labor the motor,....

runnin' 15/ 1800 rpms, I'll labor it down to maybe 12/ 1300 rpms, 'n then let it recover to where it was,......
I'm pourin' in, as much or alittle more liquid than what comes outa the new sea-foam spray-can, when the button is held down,....

In yer link to the right, eric the car guy does abit better, but still less than I pour in,.....

The differences 'tween steam cleanin' the top-end with water or light oils is,....

With water, ya gotta continue to run the motor abit to lube up everything through the motors natural processes,...
Or,...
With sea-foam, or WD-40, or Marvels everything is already slathered with light oils,.... aka: moth-balled,...

Last edited:
Back