Logo

2002 50a carb change choke to se system

It was worth a shot. A thorough cleaning is a good place to regroup and start again.

At least, it sounds like you are making headway with your lights

Mike

I think that these Honda units are Too finely tuned ( due to the emmisions regulations ) Most of my lesiure time on outboards have been with 2 stroke engines ,all be it early models , but they had a simplicity about them and they were very good for power to weight ratio. Modern engines in my view are very sensitive to small problems and dont seem robust enough if you dont carry out the planned maintanance on time. One of the first things that I did was buy the Honda carb book . Like Shantybay Tim I would urge anybody who is going to " Tinker with his cards" to buy this book.

Another satisfied Honda Carb Manual BELIEVER!

I SECOND THAT EMOTION! (meaning: I like my carb manual too!!)

AND....Mike was the guy.that convinced me to buy mine as well. One of the best manuals EVER!

Hi again guys , havnt forgotten all your input , not quite spring but I have managed to put the boat in the water, unfortunately it didnt go as planned. At idle it is very poor , like a bucking bronco , but at any other speed its really sound and smooth ,
I have been thinking long and hard about the problem ,
Are my set of carburators suited to the engine , looking at the numbers on the jets etc they are 135 main and 45 slow . But the original choked set seem to run on 130 and 42 slow
my engine is. 2002 , carbs are 2005 + ,does that make a difference ?
After running for roughly an hour at wot , when i went to idle the unit cut out and It was difficult to start again.
Removed all plugs and they all showed signs of of rich running .
should I rejet my carbs ?

Back