Logo

AD41 no start. Injector Pump advice - removal

vivelo

Hello. I bought a boat that had stood for some time. It had a broken outdrive. I've had that fixed. It cranks over, but does not start and does not do anything on any cylinders.
The fuel is old and smells a bit like paint thinner/white spirit, its European white (yellow) diesel. I have bled through fresh fuel and it still does not start. I have cracked off the injector pipes and I do get fuel, but its not spraying. I get a similar amount when using the manual lift pump depending which cylinder is open through the injector pump. I am not sure if that's right? Should I get fuel passing the injector pump by hand? depending where the engine stops it can be any cylinder?
I'm guessing something has got stuck in the injector pump. if I am right and please tell me if I'm not, can someone give me or send me to some clear instructions of removing the pump to send to a diesel spe******t? I'm unsure about timing and if I need any pins or something to make sure it goes back in place. I have a manual, but they completely miss out the removal of the injector pump and I can only think there is a reason for it. I have read somewhere about filling the pump with WD40, but I'm not sure if that's wise??
Thanks in advance.

I used an electric fuel pump to put pressure on the pump and it started. I think there was some gunge plugging the manual fuel pump. good luck

Back