Logo

2014 Mercury 150hp Four stroke

ecosset4

Hi All

I am having an issue with the my 150hp four stroke that we use in a semi commercial basis. I have a reading of error 18 "critical fault fuel pump". I have had the agent out and changed the pump but they were unable to solve the problem.

However there computer wasn't progammed to read this engine which I thought was strange. I have had Evinrudes for the past 10 years (and I would again but not great service in country atm - thus have mercury). With the evinrudes every part that was put on the engine including plugs you needed to tell the engine that it was getting new plugs etc.

My Question is.........if their computer wasn't able to read my engine. If they installed a new fuel pump surely they will have to tell the engine that a new fuel pump is being stalled. Thus the problem is with the agent and they should get the 150 details on their machine????!!!

Thoughts

Ecosset4

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/contact

i dont know where you are located but here is the merc contact info for canada and the states...maybe they can point you in the right direction...

its all computer driven now...and the service software has to be kept updated..this cost the dealer money...i own a efi merc and i wold not consider taking to any one other than a merc dealer...

Thanks for this. Dealer received updates, problem located. Could all have been avoided is Boston Whaler had installed a water seperator between fuel tank and engine! I wasn't the receiver of the boat and would have hoped to have picked this up!!!!! However we learn.

Thanks All.

Back