Logo

1999 135hp mercury optimax overheathing problem

forasteromx

Hi new on this forum , have a 1999 135hp mercury optimax v6 , complete powerhead rebuild , new impeller , termosthat , clean popet valve, i am in the Engine settlement process, when i start the motor within 15 or 20 min at idle continius beep alarm sound , dealer say overheathing problem but have the impeller and thermostat new , quick silver oil sintetic blend 2 stroke oil use , anyone can help me

Did you replace the "strainer" at the base of the power head? - it (kinda sorta) filters the (line) that cools the compressor. If it's "gooped up" you will likewise get a compressor overheat but since that also feeds the tell-tale, you usually notice a reduced flow from that.

Did you replace the "strainer" at the base of the power head? - it (kinda sorta) filters the (line) that cools the compressor. If it's "gooped up" you will likewise get a compressor overheat but since that also feeds the tell-tale, you usually notice a reduced flow from that.

the strainer looks clean and good , filter are ok , water presion on gouge 2-3 psi, a temp sensor ?? , air compresor temperature sensor ??

the strainer looks clean and good , filter are ok , water presion on gouge 2-3 psi, a temp sensor ?? , air compresor temperature sensor ??

Remove cowling and run engine till alarm sounds then disconnect the air compressor sensor and see if it stops.

Back