Logo

motor starts shutting off pump bulb starts running again

angler2284

I have a 2008, Honda 200 4 stroke. I pump up the fuel bulb till it gets hard and start the engine. I can run the engine off and on for 6 to 8 hours trolling and stopping. At the end of the day I power up and the engine begins to stall. I quickly pump the bulb and it starts running like nothing happened. I have replaced the pump up bulb several times and it is still doing the same thing. Does anyone have any thoughts?

When was the last time the VST was cleaned and the fuel filters changed? This sounds...at least to me...like, perhaps, your high pressure fuel pump may be straining to keep up after it's been good and hot. Dirty filters can overwork the pump and kill it at an early age.

You have to go in and clean the system and clean or replace the filter/strainer (item #39 in the link below). Also...see item #2. That is a fuel level float inside the VST housing. Dirt can cause it to stick and starve the pump for fuel.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...r/BF200AK1 XA/VAPOR SEPARATOR ASSY/parts.html

Good luck.

Back