Logo

Bob Reichel

Bob Reichel

I put my boat in the shop for a water pump leak issue and after I got the boat back I now have an oil problem of which I did not have before I brought the boat in. When I took the boat out for a test run it lost a lot of oil. I took it back in they said some of the pan gasket bolts backed out. I took it out for another run again lost oil. Took the boat back again. Their reply a couple more bolts were lose. Took it out for the 3rd time and took a friend along to watch the engine. Oil was coming out of the tube on top of the valve cover which flooded my carb with oil and at higher rpms it would start pushing oil out the dip stick. I have a 488 mercruser. If anyone knows what can cause this problem please let me know. I did not have this problem before taking it into the shop.

by water pump leak I`ll assume it was the timing cover that was weeping from the hole.
changing the seals would have nothing to do with excess crankcase pressure

by water pump leak I`ll assume it was the timing cover that was weeping from the hole.changing the seals would have nothing to do with excess crankcase pressure
Yes I realize that but they took off the oil pan and did other work as well and they also did work I did not ask for like took off the back part of the engine were the stern drive shaft goes into the engine and the rubber help stabilize it that part I didn't ask them to do it they took it upon themselves to do it and I got charged for it. I don't know what else they did as well all I know is after I got it back I have this problem with my oil I did not have that problem when I took it in for the water pump. It is quite obvious that's not the only thing they were messing with. I just would like to know an answer to that would cause this problem that's what I'm looking for.

Back