Logo

ECM output

lomac

New to forum. Thinking about buying a 1998 CC 25' with a 8.1. Risers done 4 years ago. This is the ECM numbers. Lots of engine life left? Any advice. Thanks

Can't post pic for some reason
calibration checksum 042F HEX
engine running time 0.00
engine hours 1684.8 hrs
run time 0-1000 1221.7hrs
1001-2000 rpms 304.9hrs
2001-3000 54.0hrs
3001-4000 97.1hrs
4001-5000 7.0hrs
over 5000 0.2hrs
max engine rpm logged 5461rpm
knock time 3.4hrs
ecm hardware version 4#
ecm software release 8#
ecm software revision 162#
displacement 8.1

Thanks for looking

A lot depends upon the maintenance that was done to the engine....ideally, all documented in the ship's logbook with receipts for hired labor/parts....

As far as the history in the ECU, I'd suspect a lot of trolling drove the large percentage of low rpm operation....

Finally, from a historic perspective, the engine is on the last half of its 'normal' service life.....I'd say that the top end is likely for renewal though a leakdown test will be much more definitive.....when in doubt, find a local accredited marine surveyor and get them to give you their opinion...some will cover the engine but most are likely to use a trusted mechanic .....

A lot depends upon the maintenance that was done to the engine....ideally, all documented in the ship's logbook with receipts for hired labor/parts....

As far as the history in the ECU, I'd suspect a lot of trolling drove the large percentage of low rpm operation....

Finally, from a historic perspective, the engine is on the last half of its 'normal' service life.....I'd say that the top end is likely for renewal though a leakdown test will be much more definitive.....when in doubt, find a local accredited marine surveyor and get them to give you their opinion...some will cover the engine but most are likely to use a trusted mechanic .....

The owner did say the boat was mostly used (95%) of the time striper fishing 3/4-3 miles from shore
i did get a compression test. Injectors were just removed and serviced due to a miss this past spring. Running smooth now
Port from front 180,170,165,175
Star from front 168,170,175,175

I will look into a surveyor Thanks

Hours seem consistent with the described operation.....compression numbers aren't too bad....

Just to elaborate on the earlier post, median life expectancy of a marine gasoline engine is ~ 2000 hours.....the top end is about half that. With good maintenance, I've seen some engines run over 3000 hours with no major servicing....so its a risk-reward tradeoff you are facing....

Hours seem consistent with the described operation.....compression numbers aren't too bad....

Just to elaborate on the earlier post, median life expectancy of a marine gasoline engine is ~ 2000 hours.....the top end is about half that. With good maintenance, I've seen some engines run over 3000 hours with no major servicing....so its a risk-reward tradeoff you are facing....[/QUOT

Talking with the fella he seems pretty anal on maintenance and has all paper work
Thanks again for your time and info

Back