Logo

Johnson 33hp RX-13B vs Suzuki DT30

raksike

I have got an good offer for a Suzuki DT30 (http://212.47.219.162/dynamic/pimg/b/6/b623414afc858ff0a5bb0e6cfdc6f4e7.jpg)
I am currently using an old 33hp Johnson RX-13B, the motor is running very good, my question is that is the DT30 better than the old Johnson? I mean fuel consumption, speed, durability, power. Both motors are equipped with electric starters, one plus for the DT30 is that this one is able to charge also the battery, the Johnson does not. All opinions are welcome.

The Zuki will run circles around the ole 33, it will have more power and torque,be a little better on fuel and better all around

They built many of those 33 hp motors.------Very rugged / simple / easy to fix motor.----------If you can do your own work then the 33 is a very cheap motor to own and operate.------------If you can not do your own work and have a shop near you that can maintain your motor ( Suzuki parts / service ) that that is a better choice.

Okey, then i have to try it. The owner sayed by the way, that the suzuki sputters sometimes, any ideas, what would be the problem?

I dare say that 15 years from now it will be easier to get parts for the 33 than for the offshore motor.----Do you have a SUZUKI dealer near you ?

Back