Logo

minn kota c2 50

rainbow13

Hi, I currently have a minn kota 30, 36" and have had it for several years with no problems. I have a 12' aluminum boat and fish generally in smaller lakes.

my wife just bought me a minn kota c2, 50, 36" as I wanted a bit more power. question is this:

how much more power will I get going from a 30 thrust to a 50 thrust? what kind of speed difference?

It is too cold where I live to use it now

66% more power...speed will depend on slippage of prop in water...i would not worry about it..on a 12 foot boat you will cadillac along nicely..you are going to pull more current though so the battery and wiring has to be able to handle it....

for my 30 thrust, I have a 12v marine battery that will easily last all day. would you think I will be ok with the 50 for several hours?

you actually need a deep cycle battery cycle battery as they are designed to run down and be recharged many more times than a marine battery..with the proper battery you should be ok for ''several'' hours..

Type 32 DC Batt will last about eight hours on C2 Endura 55lbs, speed average-2-3 of 5 total forward speeds (700Lbs SIB, including outboard).

Back