Logo

Issue with finding correct prop

Ron Erwin

I have a 25hp Mercury 2 stroke engine serial number OD191822. The prop that is currently installed needs to be replaced but local shops can't seem to cross the numbers on the prop. The number stamped on the outside housing of the prop is 1964OA4OP13. Inside the prop on the shaft housing is stamped JMD10.38X13P. Can anyone identify the year based on the numbers provided above and shed some insight and or guidance on how I can ensure I can order a replacement prop. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the replays. My main problem is figuring out a method to cross reference the old part numbers since all efforts at local shops has failed to date.

The current part number for the OEM prop, which I think was made by Michigan Wheel for Merc is 48-19640A40.

However, given the list price of almost 140 bucks I would be looking to the aftermarket.

A 10" diameter 13" pitch prop to fit a 25 Merc is not exactly a rare prop. You probably have at least half a dozen choices.

OEM is not always the best, made with the best material, nor the cheapest price for the quality (or lack of) that you get. If Merc could save a buck on every model they push out the door they will - there is good and then there is "adequate"..

There are a lot of factory and aftermarket props on ebay. That prop was used for about 20 yrs should not be hard to find.

Back