Logo

End of season Summary

Bob H.

Contributing Member
Yes, here in the midwest, most of us haul out for the winter months the end of October. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the engine rebuild (port) and related mechanical repairs/modifications. One thing though; seeing some carbon deposits out of the port engine exhaust during warm up. When the choke fully opens, the exhaust smoke looks clean. Also the idle speed tends to creep up a little while in nuetral. Even though this was supposably a rebuilt carb when we bought the boat, I'm suspecting it's leaking raw fuel. Sound about right? Engines are 1987 model 350, fresh/raw water cooled.

I'd be more inclined to think just excessive fuel due to the carb not being dialed in...especially on the big blocks.

Hard to tell now with the boat being hauled...in the spring, I'd look for nozzle drip on the port carb at idle...

I'd be more inclined to think just excessive fuel due to the carb not being dialed in...especially on the big blocks.

Hard to tell now with the boat being hauled...in the spring, I'd look for nozzle drip on the port carb at idle...[/QUOTE
Will do, Thanks!

If you're 'lucky' like me, many things that were working fine at Season's End will screw up in the Spring. And every freakin' year!

Jeff

This disease has progressed so far that My Bride and I are actually considering making a boat our home; splitting time between Racine WI. and a marina in the Kentucky/Tennessee area. Wacky eh?

Back