Logo

drive shaft wont go in after impellor change

ste667

hi

I am new to boating, I bought a second hand fishing boat over the summer. The aux engine is a 2004 4hp four stroke suzuki. Been an idiot I watch a couple of videos on youtube on changing the impeller and from that thought I was master at small outboard jobs, was still thinking this until I spent 2 hours trying to get gear unit and drive shaft all the way in. I left it in neutral to start, tried turning the shaft slightly, changed gears still not going that last inch, even pulled the starter cord slightly. The main engine although not for this page an evinrude 60 vro is getting looked at already, it sometimes struggles to get on the plain other times seems perfect, hence I was trying to avoid the cost of both. any idea's would be most welcome thanks steve

thanks flyingscott;- messed with it for a couple more hours last night, hate admitting defeat but going to take the easy way out i think and take it in with boat-engine, and see if one of the lads there will put it back in for me. might treat myself to a couple of manuals while there.

Back