Logo

HELP please - 2011 yamaha 25 hp ls tiller 4 stroke - oil squirting out with the cooling water

sharpes_few

i bought this motor from a guy here that was once in business as a outboard repair guy ... when i bought it he ran it for me using 2 stroke mixed gas ( its a 4 stroke motor ) which i immediately questioned him on, he said its fine to do that for short periods of time....i could tell because the puddle under the motor was full of oil. it ran fine and the stream of cooling water was flowing out the back just fine. first time sea trial today....it was spraying out oil with the cooling water for the whole time we ran it ( could see the film on the ocean ) then the spray stopped completely except for the oil continued to lightly mist out the hole, i turned around and brought it back to shore right away and the temp light didnt come on yet .....I'm suspicious that what i saw on the test idle at his house was this, and he was being sneaky. any idea what is causing this ???

update.... ok so it had some salt debris in there that I cleaned out, so its pumping fine now but still has oil in it. not an outboard motor genius but this says to me lower gear case leak or head gasket leak ??

Because the fuel is part of the exhaust which mixes with the water in the leg. If you have a carb/injector putting in to much gas. That will cause flooding which will cause what you are seeing or you have a cylinder not firing.

Back